Custom Search Bar Widget CSBW
NOTE: This app does NOT change the look of your launcher's search bar.
Add the CSBW widget to your home screen to apply changes.
Custom Search Bar Widget (CSBW) is a fully editable search bar widget with a custom icon drawer. The widget can be modified in several ways to customize the current theme of your device. The drawer contains editable icons that can switch search engines, provide fast connections to apps, or apply features such as copy and paste.
• Complete customization of all aspects of the search bar widget and icon drawer.
• Save search topics and load them later.
• Keyword search suggestions.
• Set up search for installed apps instead of Google.
• Switch between search engines or apps like Play Music, Spotify, Wikipedia, Amazon, etc.
• Add new search engines or add new apps to search the included icon drawer.
• Pre-made themes for quickly applying theme to search bar.
• Customizeable Pixel Launcher search bar (hamburger, pill, whatever you want to call it.)
• Date option for pixel search bar.
• Further customization options.
• Option to add icon drawer to home screen widget.
Google Now vs Google Web Search:
- Text searches for Google web search by default
- Microphone searches by default on Google Now (Android 4.1+)
- These settings can be changed in appearance> edit widget
Custom Search Items:
You can add the search for a custom site by copying and pasting the result page URL into the custom field in CSBW.
In Add> Search Position> Custom:
1. Copy the URL of the search results page from the page you want to add.
2. Replace "cassablanca" with "% s" in the input field. "% S" is a placeholder for the text you type in the CSBW search bar.
3. The URL you can add to CSBW Custom Search Item: